Food Safety Programs Manager
Department: Food Safety
Location: Gaston, SC
At Diamond, we take pride in our work, our departments and our company as a whole. We share a passion for pets and the unique bond that pet owners have with their dogs and cats.
Diamond Pet Foods is seeking a Food Safety Programs Manager for our Gaston, SC facility.
This position is NOT funded for relocation and is open for immediate hiring.
The Food Safety Programs Manager is responsible for coordinating the development, implementation and maintenance of Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) standards at our Diamond Pet Foods Gaston manufacturing facility. The ultimate objective for the Food Safety Programs Manager is to achieve and maintain GFSI certification.
Specific Job Duties
- Work directly with various functional groups to effectively implement and maintain the SQF System.
- Collaborate with department managers to ensure verification and validation protocols are being routinely met. This may include developmental work with these departments on establishing operating levels and criteria to determine effective systems are in place.
- Assist department managers in authoring and implementing training programs and systems complaint to the SQF code.
- As the SQF Practitioner, endorse Food Safety and Food Quality Plans.
- Communicate information routinely to various stakeholders to ensure an effective SQF system is in place.
- Initiate, document and facilitate any corrective actions necessary to ensure the integrity of the SQF system.
- Facilitate the system’s document control programs (Qualtrax).
Specific Skill Requirements
- Must be fully trained and certified on HACCP and Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI): Safe Quality Food (SQF) standards.
- Must have interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with facility management teams and operational personnel.
- Must have project management and organization skills.
- Must be capable of making critical decisions in the face of adversity.
- Must have a basic understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP, Cleaning and Sanitation Practices, the Code of Federal Regulations (Food), and the Food Safety Modernization Act.
- Must be proficient in using Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, etc.
- Must be willing to travel as necessary (less than 10%).
General Skill Requirements
- Must have ability to work under pressure, maintaining a positive, professional attitude with plant employees and management.
- Must have ability to accept temporary assignment changes to assist other areas of the plant if needed.
- Must have knowledge of the overall operation of the plant.
- Must work in a safe, professional manner at all times.
- Must be capable of accessing all areas of the plant.
- Must be capable of lifting a maximum of 50lbs.
Safety Equipment Required
Must be able to wear all required forms of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including, but not limited to:
- Company uniform
- Steel-toe boots
- Safety glasses
- Ear plugs
- Bump cap
At Diamond Pet Foods, we believe in family. We cover 100% of Medical Insurance premiums for you, your eligible spouse, and your dependents (after probationary period has ended) and offer group discounts for other insurance coverage as just one of our company benefits.
Diamond Pet Foods provides for equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Diamond Pet Food Processors complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
We’d be proud to have you join our family.
To apply for a job at this location, please send a cover letter and resume to Diamond Pet Foods at the following:
Diamond Pet Foods
Attn: HR Manager
100 Woodtrail Drive
Gaston, SC 29053
Or, submit a cover letter and resume via email to Matt Ryan at: firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload Application