California Transparency in Supply Chains Act
The California Transparency in Supply Chains Act (SB 657), effective January 1, 2012, requires companies to report on specific actions taken to eradicate slavery and human trafficking in their supply chain. In response to this Act Diamond Pet Foods has done the following:
- Diamond has employed a 3rd party vendor to provide detailed reports on countries that are potential risks for human trafficking and slavery.
- Diamond has employed announced audits of suppliers to evaluate the potential risk of slavery and human trafficking in the products they supply.
- Diamond requires all suppliers to provide a certificate to the effect that their products were not produced by using human trafficking or forced labor.
- Diamond requires all employees and suppliers to follow all local labor laws including laws dealing with slavery and human trafficking.
- Diamond has employed a 3rd party vendor to train Diamond employees on how to identify products that may have been produced using slavery or human trafficking, and how to respond to discovery of a supplier using slavery or human trafficking.