Location: Ripon, CA
JOB SCOPE: The Bagger Operator is to be proficient in every aspect of properly operating the Bemis Bagger in a safe manner while adhering to production expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Efficiently and correctly operate the Bemis Bagger machine.
- Perform adjustments and changeovers such as sealer, conveyors, bag speed, and scale weights.
- Verify product quality before filling bags, checking for correct product, product size, product shape, and the absence of cross contamination, fines, or foreign material.
- Operate laser and ink jet printer as required.
- Perform the following routine quality duties: Bag weight accuracy, bag seal quality, metal detection, production code accuracy and legibility, product sampling and identification. All protocols associated with these tests are to be strictly followed.
- Follow FIFO rotation when retrieving packaging material (bags).
- Record shift production and bag waste.
- Maintain accurate, complete and legible paperwork.
- Keep work station and surrounding area in a clean and safe manner at all times.
- Ensure minimal risk of cross contamination by properly utilizing color-coded equipment in the appropriate colored zones.
- Rebagging product to new bags as needed.
- Read bin levels to monitor quantity needed.
- Read schedules to determine type of product that will be running and bagging.
- Operate forklift.
- Communicate via two-way radio on a regular basis.
- Perform all other additional duties and functions as assigned by management.
ADDITIONAL ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working overtime is mandatory and requires full participation.
- Cover for other employees absences when called upon whether preplanned or on short notice.
- Accept temporary assignment changes to assist other areas of the plant, maintaining a positive and professional attitude.
- Cross-train in other job duties as required.
- Complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner and be conscientious about assignments.
- In accordance with Diamond philosophy, the Bagger Operator is expected to champion and direct continuous learning and improvement in all functions. This position is required to cross train as required by management and assist in all other areas as directed.
- Understand, follow, comply, and maintain all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), and HACCP (CCP #2) in accordance to company policy.
- Must work in a safe, professional manner at all times while performing all functions in accordance with sound safety practices and procedures.
- Must promptly report all safety violations, safety hazards, accidents, property damage, or near misses to a shift supervisor immediately.
- Participate in allsafety programs and meetings.
- Adhere to and promote a strong work ethic.
- Maintain good standing working relationship with co-workers by being a team player.
- Assist in maintaining a positive team environment by maintaining a positive attitude toward all Diamond team members, vendors and customers.
- Participate effectively in a team atmosphere by modeling and promoting conflict resolution, diversity, ethical practices and organizational citizenship.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, to effectively communicate with other employees and supervisors.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (communication, listening, team player, cooperative, approachable).
- Ability to be flexible, multi task, manage stress and perform acceptably under pressure.
- Ability to maintain a problem-solving mindset; toanticipate problems and to develop constructive and balanced solutions.
- Ability to work in cold, hot, dusty areas and at various heights.
- Ability to read and understand SOP’s, GMP’s and HACCP practices and procedures.
- Must be able to take direction, work efficiently and safely.
- Able to efficiently and safely operate a forklift.
- Ability to effectively operate a computer system.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug test, physical (physical, lifting, hearing, and vision), and background check
- No experience is required. Experience in sanitation or food manufacturing operations is preferred.
- All Diamond Pet Food employees who drive company owned vehicles or drive their own vehicle for company purposes must present and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clear DMV record that is insurable with our company vehicle insurance company. For personal vehicle use for company purposes, the employee must also provide a copy of their valid vehicle insurance policy.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed primarily indoors near operating equipment. Works in both low and high heights, cold, hot, dusty areas where loose particles may be present. Works near operating equipment and loud noise, such as forklift horns and machinery. Loose and dusty particles may be present.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 pounds routinely.
- Must be capable of overhead work, reaching, lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling (take bags off line for checks, slapping bags on metal to separate them prior to filling the machinery, fill bagger with empty bags, on/off forklift, put checked bag on reclaim elevator, cutting tops of bags for checks, cut up boxes, scoop out food for sample and seal, writing with pen and paper, put samples in totes, sweeping and shoveling product, etc).
- Must be able to climb a ladder to high areas, walk on catwalks, climb stairs,
- Must be able to perform moderate to heavy labor under constant machine operation and other noise.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods. Must be able to, climb, bend, and squat vertically and horizontally along with manual dexterity for manipulating or moving objects.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
Work performed in this job requires employee to wear the following PPE at all times. Other PPE is required based upon the task being completed. Employees must always wear the proper personal protective equipment for the task.
- Bump Cap/Hard Hat
- Ear Plug
- Safety Glasses
- Work Boot
To apply for a job at this location, please submit a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com.Download AR, MO, SC Application Download CA Application