Location: Ripon, CA
Job Scope: The Maintenance Electrician is responsible for the upkeep and proper functionality of all electrical equipment and systems in the facility.
Work Environment: Work is performed both indoors and outdoors near operating equipment and loud noise; such as forklift horns and loose particles may be present. Work performed in this job requires employee to wear bump cap, hearing protection, safety shoes/boots, and safety glasses at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- As directed and trained, ensure all electrical units in the facility are functioning properly.
- Routinely check for any malfunctions regarding equipment operation.
- Perform all machine preventative maintenance and repairs on equipment as required.
- Perform all functions including but not limited to welding, fabrication, and reading schematics.
- Complete all tasks as assigned by the Maintenance Manager and/or supervisor.
- Perform and comply with all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Working overtime is MANDATORY and requires full participation.
- Maintain Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) in accordance to company policy.
- Perform all functions in accordance with sound safety practices and procedures.
- Report all safety violations and safety hazards to the Shift Supervisor and/or Maintenance Manager / Safety Manager immediately
- Participate in all safety programs i.e. Lockout Tagout, Fall Protection, Energized Equipment Safety.
Additional Job Functions
- May perform additional duties and functions as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain good standing working relationship with co-workers by being a team player.
- Must be computer literate
- Must have ability to accept temporary assignment changes to assist other areas of the plant, maintaining a positive, professional attitude.
- Must be capable of lifting 50 pounds of product routinely, and climbing ladders to maintenance equipment from a catwalk.
- Must be certified to operate forklifts.
- Must be fall protection certified
- Must be Lockout Tagout certified
- Must maintain assigned portion of master sanitation schedule.
- Must work in a safe, professional manner at all times.
- Must report any accidents, property damage, or near misses to a supervisor immediately.
- Must have excellent communication skills to communicate with other employees and supervisors.
- Flexibility to be available to help cover for other employees when called upon.
- Ability to read bin level and work schedule
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Hard Hat
- Ear Plugs
- Safety Glasses
- Work Boots
- Face Shield
- Welding hood
- Welding gloves
- Full Body Harness
- Flame Resistant Clothing
- Arc Flash Equipment
- As an absolute condition of employment, employee is required upon offer of employment to sign an authorization to release information for a background check and take a pre-employment physical designated by Diamond Pet Foods, which includes a drug test, hearing test, and a lifting exam. Diamond Pet Foods will pay for the examination. Satisfactory clearance to perform essential job functions will be required for employment.
- The statement contained in this job description reflects general details as necessary to describe the principle functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skills typically required, and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including working other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the work load.
To apply for a job at this location, please submit a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.Download AR, MO, SC Application Download CA Application