Night Shift Maintenance Technician
Location: Meta, MO
At Diamond, we take pride in our work, our departments and our company as a whole. We share a passion for pets and the unique bond that pet owners have with their dogs and cats.
Diamond Pet Foods is seeking a maintenance technician for our Meta, MO facility.
This position is NOT funded for relocation and is open for immediate hiring.
The maintenance technician performs a wide variety of maintenance, repair, and preventative maintenance, diagnostic and operational verifications to ensure that all production machinery and systems remain fully functional at high performance levels for Diamond Pet Food Processors. The qualified individual will possess the ability and experience to analyze, test, diagnose, repair and install as needed new parts, systems or entire machine systems.
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors near operating equipment and loud noise; such as forklift horns and loose particles may be present. Work performed in this job requires employee to wear bump cap, hearing protection, safety shoes/boots, and safety glasses at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze machine error messages and information obtained from operators in order to diagnose equipment problems.
- Test results to ensure accuracy of repairs for full function of systems and machinery.
- Clean, lubricate, and adjust parts, equipment, and machinery.
- Disassemble machinery and equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
- Examine parts for defects such as breakage and excessive wear.
- Observe and test the operation of machinery and equipment in order to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters and other testing devices.
- Routinely check for any malfunctions regarding equipment operation.
- Perform all machine preventative maintenance and repairs on equipment as required.
- Perform all functions including but not limited to welding, fabrication, and reading schematics.
- Complete all tasks as assigned by the Maintenance Manager and/or supervisor.
- Perform and comply with all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Working overtime is MANDATORY and requires full participation.
- Maintain Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) in accordance to company policy.
- Perform all functions in accordance with sound safety practices and procedures.
- Report all safety violations and safety hazards to the Shift Supervisor and/or Maintenance Manager / Safety Manager immediately.
- Operate newly repaired machinery and equipment to verify the adequacy of repairs.
- Reassemble equipment after completion of inspections, testing, or repairs.
- Repair and maintain the operating condition of industrial production and processing machinery and equipment.
- Repair and replace broken or malfunctioning components of machinery and equipment.
- Study blueprints and manufacturers’ manuals to determine correct installation and operation of machinery.
- Cut and weld metal to repair broken metal parts, fabricate new parts, and assemble new equipment.
- Demonstrate equipment functions and features to machine operators.
- Enter codes and instructions to program computer-controlled machinery.
- Record parts and materials used, and order or requisition new parts and materials as necessary.
- Record repairs and maintenance performed.
Additional Job Functions
- Other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain good standing working relationship with co-workers by being a team player.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must have ability to accept temporary assignment changes to assist other areas of the plant, maintaining a positive, professional attitude.
- Must be capable of lifting 50 pounds of product routinely, and climbing ladders to maintenance equipment from a catwalk.
- Must be certified to operate forklifts.
- Must be fall protection certified.
- Must be Lockout/Tagout certified.
- Must maintain assigned portion of master sanitation schedule.
- Must work in a safe, professional manner at all times.
- Must report any accidents, property damage, or near misses to a supervisor immediately.
- Excellent communication skills to communicate with other employees and supervisors.
- Flexibility to be available to help cover for other employees when called upon.
- Ability to read bin level and work schedule.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Hard hat
- Ear plugs
- Safety glasses
- Work boots
- Face shield
- Welding hood
- Welding gloves
- Full body harness
- Flame resistant clothing
- Arc flash equipment
Education and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED.
- Prior managing experience preferred, but not required.
At Diamond Pet Foods, we believe in family. We cover 100% of Medical Insurance premiums for you, your eligible spouse, and your dependents (after probationary period has ended) and offer group discounts for other insurance coverage as just one of our company benefits.
Diamond Pet Foods provides for equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Diamond Pet Food Processors complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
We’d be proud to have you join our family.
To apply for a job at this location, please send a cover letter and resume to Diamond Pet Foods at the following:
Diamond Pet Foods
Attn: HR Manager
P.O. Box 156
Meta, MO 65058
Or, submit a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com.Download Application