Quality Control Technician
Location: Ripon, CA
At Diamond, we take pride in our work, our departments and our company as a whole. We share a passion for pets and the unique bond that pet owners have with their dogs and cats.
Diamond Pet Foods is seeking a quality control technician for our Ripon, CA facility.
This position is NOT funded for relocation and is open for immediate hiring.
The quality control technician is responsible for implementing and adhering to the quality control program to include conducting quality control checks during production, verifying adherence to testing protocols, conducting testing and verifying sanitation activities. Identification of quality concerns and finding corrective action remedies is a large function of the job requirements.
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors near operating equipment and loud noise; such as forklift horns and loose particles may be present. Work performed in this job requires employee to wear bump cap, hearing protection, safety shoes/boots, and safety glasses at all time. In addition, work performed in this job requires employee to walk constantly, up to 10-12 miles per shift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- As directed and trained, conduct various tests for incoming ingredients, including sieve, NIR, moisture, and mycotoxin testing.
- Routinely check operator paperwork for accuracy and completeness.
- Routinely check label, bags and seals.
- Wear at all times two-way radio communication system in order to respond and communicate effectively to ANY requests in receiving, meat room, extrusion and production operations for Quality Control support and assistance or any other plant activity request for quality response.
- Perform and comply with all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Working overtime is MANDATORY and requires full participation.
- Maintain Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) in accordance to company policy.
- Perform all functions in accordance with sound safety practices and procedures.
- Report all safety violations and safety hazards to Shift Supervisor/Safety Manager immediately.
- Participate in all safety programs.
- May perform additional duties and functions as assigned by Quality Control Manager/Diamond Management.
- Maintain good standing working relationship with co-workers by being a team player.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must have ability to accept temporary assignment changes to assist other areas of the plant, maintaining a positive, professional attitude.
- Must be capable of lifting 50 pounds of product routinely, and climbing a ladder to maintenance equipment from a catwalk.
- Must maintain assigned portion of master sanitation schedule.
- Must work in a safe, professional manner at all times.
- Must report any accidents, property damage, or near misses to a supervisor immediately.
- Must have the ability to be trained and certified to operate forklifts.
- Must have excellent communication skills to communicate with other employees and supervisors.
- Flexibility to be available to help cover for other Quality Control employees when called upon.
- Ability to read bin level and work schedule.
Personal Protective Equipment
- Bump cap/hard hat
- Ear plugs
- Safety glasses
- Work boots
At Diamond Pet Foods, we believe in family. We cover 100% of Medical Insurance premiums for you, your eligible spouse, and your dependents (after probationary period has ended) and offer group discounts for other insurance coverage as just one of our company benefits.
Diamond Pet Foods provides for equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Diamond Pet Food Processors complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
We’d be proud to have you join our family.
To apply for a job at this location, please send a cover letter and resume to Diamond Pet Foods at the following:
Diamond Pet Foods
Attn: HR Manager
942 S. Stockton Ave.
Ripon, CA 95366
Or, submit a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com.Download Application