Location: Dumas, AR
Job Scope: The Warehouse Supervisor is a leader and change agent who leads by example and holds himself/herself and those around him/her to the highest of standards in a professional manner.
Work Environment: Work is primarily performed indoors near operating equipment and loud noise consistent with a manufacturing environment. Work performed in this job requires employee to wear bump cap, hearing protection, safety shoes/boots, and safety glasses at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: In addition to knowing and being proficient in all of the warehouse employee job requirements the Warehouse Supervisor must also be able to:
- Organize Loaders to efficiently manage the stocked products in the warehouse, bring the products to the docks, and load the trailers correctly and in a timely manner;
- Manage inventory counts, control inventories and load products based on FIFO methods;
- Keep an organized and a clean Warehouse.
- Reduce warehouse damages and promptly repair damaged product/pallets;
- Instruct, lead and correct employees within the Shipping Department;
- Develop a working knowledge of the shipping office and have the ability to comply with all the requirements of each of the different customer’s needs;
- Manage Live and Drop Trailers;
- Manage by using SQF methods, Food Defense & Product Testing Programs;
- Work without constant supervision. Warehouse Supervisor must be a self-motivated leader;
- Manage a spotter truck and drivers;
- Follow up with employees and shift leads about projects that need to be completed.
- Assume responsibility of the tasks at hand and ensure that all warehouse operations are performed efficiently and safely.
- Provide appropriate direction to new employees or others with questions to assist in their learning and ability to perform their job effectively;
- Train employees on the proper handling of product and loading procedures;
- Quickly adjust to changing conditions;
- Work with the company’s ERP and TMS software applications to ensure that information in these applications is accurate and up-to-date.
- Be an ardent supporter of the Diamond name and our core values.
- Must have excellent communication skills to professionally communicate with other employees, supervisors and Truck Drivers.
- Flexibility to be available to help cover for other employees when called upon.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Bump Cap/Hard Hat
- Ear Plug
- Safety Glasses
- Work Boot
As an absolute condition of employment, employee is required upon offer of employment to sign an authorization to release information for a background check and take a pre-employment physical designated by Diamond Pet Foods, which includes drug test, hearing test, and a lifting exam. Diamond Pet Foods will pay for the tests and the examination. Satisfactory clearance to perform essential job functions will be required for employment.
The statement contained in this job description reflects general details as necessary to describe the principle functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skills typically required, and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including working other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the work load.
To apply for a job at this location, please submit a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com.Download AR, MO, SC Application Download CA Application