Food Safety Sanitation Technician
Location: Gaston, SC
Diamond Pet Foods is taking applications for Food Safety Sanitation Technician to work in our packing and production facility in Gaston, SC.
Diamond Pet Foods produces and packages premium high quality pet foods. Minimum desirable experience for qualified individuals is at least 3 years of recent employment with ONE employer in an Industrial Food Safety type of an environment. Individuals should have a solid, dependable job history. The experienced individuals with the right skill sets will be able to:
Work is primarily performed indoors and outdoors near operating equipment and loud noise such as forklift horns and loose particles may be present. At different times throughout the year, work performed in this job will require employee to work in hot weather, rain, and cold. Work performed in this job requires employee to wear a bump cap, hearing protection, safety shoes/boots and safety glasses at all times. Also additional PPE’s are required when cleaning with chemicals or working in high risk areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow proper cleaning protocols for areas assigned & machinery sanitizing.
- Be able to move to different parts of the plant to clean or help out temporally when additional help is needed.
- Use chemicals adhering to manufacture’s safe operation guidelines.
- Perform and comply with all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Working overtime is MANDATORY and requires full participation.
- Maintain Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) in accordance to company policy.
- Perform all functions in accordance with sound safety practices and procedures.
- Report all safety violations and safety hazards to Shift Supervisor immediately.
- Participate in all safety programs.
- Must have ability to work under pressure, maintaining a positive, professional attitude with employees.
- Must have ability to accept temporary assignment changes to assist other areas of the plant.
- Must be capable of lifting 75 pounds routinely.
- Must be able to climb ladder, until confine spaces.
- Must be able to work at heights, and not be afraid.
- Must be certified to operate forklifts, and or be trained to operate a forklift.
- Must maintain assigned portion of plant.
- Must work in a safe, professional manner at all times.
- Must report any accidents, property damage, or near misses to a supervisor immediately.
This position is NOT funded for relocation and is open for immediate hiring.
At Diamond Pet Foods, we believe in family.
We have a robust benefits package that includes 100% company paid Medical Insurance premiums for you, your eligible spouse, and your dependents (after 30 Days) and group discounts for other insurance coverage for Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance.
Diamond Pet Foods provides for equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Diamond Pet Foods of SC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
We’d be proud to have you join our family.
Apply online at SCdiamondjobs@diamondpet.com or mail resumes to: Diamond Pet Foods, 100 Woodtrail Drive Gaston, SC 29053. No phone calls please.Download AR, KS, MO, SC Application Download CA Application