Location: Meta, MO
The mill receiving personnel are responsible for receiving the ingredients Diamond Pet Foods requires for production. They document the pounds of ingredients received, maintain running inventories, and verify that the ingredients are within specification.
Work is primarily performed indoors with operating equipment and loud noise such as forklift horns and maybe loose particles. Work performed in this job requires employee to wear bump cap, hearing protection and safety glasses at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow proper testing protocols for incoming ingredients, including sieve, NIR, mycotoxins and moisture testing.
- Become proficient with the plant infrastructure for ingredient storage, including legs, drags and holding bins.
- Operate yard-dog and railcar mover, as well as spotting trailers and railcars.
- Scale trucks in and out according to policy.
- Follow protocols for maintaining accurate ingredient inventories and communicating potential shortages.
- Perform batching operations when required.
- Perform and comply with all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Working overtime is MANDATORY and requires full participation.
- Maintain Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) in accordance with company policy.
- Perform all functions in accordance with sound safety practices and procedures.
- Report all safety violations and safety hazards to Safety Manager immediately.
- Participate in all safety programs.
Additional Job Duties:
- May perform other duties and functions as assigned by supervisor.
- Must have ability to work under pressure, maintaining a positive, professional attitude with employees and truck drivers.
- Must have ability to accept temporary assignment changes to assist other areas of the plant.
- Must be capable of lifting 50 pounds of product routinely, and climbing a ladder to maintenance equipment accessible from a catwalk.
- Must be certified to operate forklifts.
- Must maintain assigned portion of master sanitation schedule.
- Must work in a safe, professional manner at all times.
- Must report accidents or property damage to supervisor immediately.
- Must have excellent communication skills to communicate with other employees and supervisors.
- Flexibility to help cover for other employees when called upon.
- Ability to read bin level and work schedule.
- Employee is required upon offer of employment to sign an authorization to release information for a background check and take a pre-employment physical designated by Diamond Pet Foods, which includes drug test, hearing test and lifting exam. Diamond Pet Foods will pay for the examination. Satisfactory clearance to perform essential job functions is required for employment.
- The statements contained in this job description reflect general details to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skills typically required, and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including working other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
Download AR, MO, SC Application Download CA Application