Location: Ripon, CA
The Bemis Palletizer Operator is to be proficient in every aspect of properly operating the Bemis Palletizer at the highest reasonable speed.
Work is primarily performed indoor with operating equipment and loud noise such as forklift horns and maybe loose particles. Work performed in this job requires employee to wear bump cap, hearing protection and safety glasses at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- As directed and trained, operate the Bemis Palletizer operating machine.
- Operated and perform routine adjustments and changeover functions. Specific examples would be adjustments for pallet configuration and pallet centering.
- Perform and comply with all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Perform product stack configurations.
- Operate the shrink wrap and shrink wrap changeover.
- Keep pallets and cardboard available to the palletizer at all times.
- Troubleshoot minor palletizer operating problems.
- Remove full pallets from palletizer and store them properly in the warehouse, damage free.
- Repair any damaged pallets or bags before shift is over.
- Communicate production status to oncoming shift personnel.
- Working overtime is MANDATORY and requires full participation.
- Maintain Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) in accordance with company policy.
- Perform all functions in accordance with sound safety practices and procedures.
- Report all safety violations and safety hazards to Safety Manager immediately.
- Participate in all safety programs.
Additional Job Duties:
- May perform other duties and functions as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must have ability to accept temporary assignment changes to assist other areas of the plant, maintaining a positive, professional attitude.
- Must be capable of lifting 50 pounds of product routinely, and climbing a ladder to maintenance equipment accessible by a catwalk.
- Must be able to perform moderate to heavy labor under constant machine and other noise throughout the shift when required.
- Ability to monitor radio messages while doing other work throughout the day.
- Must be certified to operate forklifts.
- Must work in a safe, professional manner at all times.
- Must report accidents or property damage to supervisor immediately.
- Must have excellent communication skills to communicate with other employees and supervisors.
- Flexibility to help cover for other employees when called upon.
- Ability to read bin level and work schedule.
- Employee is required upon offer of employment to sign an authorization to release information for a background check and take a pre-employment physical designated by Diamond Pet Foods, which includes drug test, hearing test and lifting exam. Diamond Pet Foods will pay for the examination. Satisfactory clearance to perform essential job functions is required for employment.
- The statements contained in this job description reflect general details to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skills typically required, and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including working other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
This job is at our Ripon, California facility. Those interested should fill out this application and email it to [email protected].Download AR, KS, MO, SC Application Download CA Application