Location: Frontenac, KS
Receive all inbound raw ingredients, packaging, pallets and plant supplies. Verify accuracy of documentation, identify and label materials, manager storage, movement and transfer of materials, stock rotation, stage materials and ingredients for production. Use of stand up and conventional forklifts.
- Follow all company Safety Rules and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Produce high quality products in a safe and healthful manner.
- Assigned shift attendance is required.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Receiving of all inbound raw ingredients, packaging, pallets and plant supplies.
- Operation of stand up and conventional forklifts, as well as all other required equipment.
- Maintains accurate Quality and Unloading documentation, which includes performance of verification and accurate documentation of lot numbers and all other required information for inbound loads of material and supplies.
- Accurately identifies and labels inbound materials in accordance with Company warehouse storage policies and procedures.
- Manages storage, movement and transfers of materials inventory in storage rack and/or warehouse locations.
- Ensures proper stock rotation by following lot number identification and FIFO methodology.
- Accurately logs inventory data on daily inventory tracking sheet.
- Performs data entry functions related to ingredient transfers/movement/usage.
- Stages Packaging Materials and Ingredients needed for production.
- Performs various activities directly related to unloading of bulk and liquid materials.
- Monitors the Receiving and Unload processes for all inbound loads.
- Coordinates unload pit startup and ingredient verification with mill room.
- Performs general housekeeping (warehouse floors, racks, dock, bulk pit, trailers and office) activities.
- Independently takes initiative to organize warehouse storage areas and manages floor stock by lot number.
- Ensures all trailers are appropriately locked and secured.
- Maintains regular communication with the Receiving Team, Material Handlers, Quality Assurance Team, Mill Room Operators and Departmental Supervision/Management.
- Complies with all Company policies and procedures and follows all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area and is responsible for food safety and food quality related to designated area.
- Report any food safety, quality or safety related issues to management immediately.
- Other duties as required, in order to meet business needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and functions of the position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED
- Two (2) years manufacturing or industrial forklift operation experience preferred
- Good communication skills are required and ability to speak, write, and understand English
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, GMP’s, and general instructions
- Able to climb ladders and perform tasks on a ladder or at heights
- Ability to operate powered equipment (Fork Trucks / Scissor Lifts)
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a routine basis and push / pull up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis
- Ability to work outside in all types of weather
- Able to walk and stand on hard surfaces for long periods of time
- Work in environment with high levels of grain dust
Please send a resume or completed application to Frontenac – email@example.com.Download AR, KS, MO, SC Application Download CA Application