Location: Frontenac, KS
1601 W. McKay Street, Frontenac, KS 66763
Maintains good housekeeping, GMP’s, and sanitary conditions in all areas of the facility (inside and outside), including bathrooms, break room, offices, production, packaging, warehouse, and food ingredient receiving and storage systems, to meet the Company’s quality and food safety requirements.
- Performs CIP and general cleaning and sanitation responsibilities as assigned throughout the facility.
- Under the direction of the Assistant Manager of Food Safety, inspects, promotes and maintains adherence to food safety cleanliness in the handling of product, ingredients and finished goods using proper work procedures and compliance with Food Safety Standards as defined by the FDA, BRC and FSMA programs.
- Ensures all chemical containers are correctly labeled.
- Understands chemical or non-chemical pest control systems. May be certified in the use of cleaners.
- Keeps neat, accurate written records of all work performed.
- Tracks and maintains inventory on sanitation chemicals, equipment, and supplies.
- May perform internal audits in conjunction with Management Team and provide Corrective Action Support.
- Participates with Process Improvement Team and/or Safety Team to support production work crews in improving sanitation and cleaning procedures, as well as, overall facility safety.
- Additional projects as assigned by supervisor to ensure product safety and quality.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.
- Report any food safety, quality or safety related issues to management immediately.
- Be able to access training online and have basic computer competency.
- Other duties as required, in order to meet business needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and functions of the position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous sanitation experience in food industry is preferred
- Attention to detail and ability to follow detailed instructions and procedures
- Mechanically inclined
- Knowledge and understanding of the equipment and its function along with chemical applications awareness
- Knowledge of proper Personal Protective Equipment use
- Basic computer competency
- Must be able to read and write English
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, GMP’s, and general instructions
- Good communication skills are required
- Able to climb ladders and perform tasks on a ladder or at heights
- Ability to operate powered equipment (Fork Trucks / Scissor Lifts)
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a routine basis
- Push / Pull up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis
- Ability to work outside in all types of weather
- Able to walk and stand on hard surfaces for long periods of time
Please send a resume or completed application to Frontenac – [email protected].Download AR, KS, MO, SC Application Download CA Application